Champion #4 Shaft House was built in 1902 as part of the Copper Range Mining Co. mines that ran from Atlantic Mine to Painesdale, MI. Champion #4 operated for nearly 65 years before closing in 1967.
For more information about the history of the shaft house, please visit our old website. Although the information for our organization is outdated, the history of the shaft house is not. Kevin Musser, who was a great help to our organization had created the website many years ago, and it is left up in his memory.